WordPress Standard Guidebook
- Author: Naoko McCracken & WordPress Japan
- Price: 2,980 yen + tax (approx. $35)
- 344 pages (with CD-ROM)
- Publisher: Mainichi Communications
The book talks about things like getting started with WordPress, setting up a local environment for development, customizing and creating a theme, and installing and making the best use of plugins.
I’d like to thank these theme & plugin authors for letting me include their work in my book. The book explains how to set up these theme/plugins, and includes required files in the CD-ROM.
- Automattic, Inc. (WordPress, Sidebar Widget and Akismet)
- Michael Wöhrer (Maintenance Mode)
- Tom Werner (Gravatar)
- Daniel Cameron (Search Everything)
- Phu (Ambiru Theme)
- Owen Winkler (Role Manager & Adhesive)
- David House (Role Manager)
- Imthiaz Rafiq (Organizer)
- Ozh (Admin Drop Down Menu)
- Christopher Hwang (Feed Control)
- Lester Chan (WP-PostRatings)
- Mark Jaquith (Subscribe To Comments)
- Ryan Duff (WP-ContactForm)
- Justin Watt (monthchunks)
- Whoo (wp-simplecode)
- Joshua (Custom Field GUI)
- Scott Reilly (Get Custom Field Values)
- Jennifer (WP-Paginate and Subscribe To Comments)
- Jeff Minard & Iacovos Constantinou (Live Comment Preview)
Wow! That was long😛
Without you guys, I couldn’t have completed this book. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
(By the way, these plugins I picked for the book are all awesome… I recommend checking them out if you haven’t!)
You can purchase this book from limited outlets outside Japan. Amazon.co.jp offers international shipping but it’s pretty pricey. I think the easiest way is to place a special order from Fujisan.com (for US/Canadian residents). Feel free to contact me if you have any question about the book.